Fancy becoming part of the team?
The Belfast Hills Partnership (BHP) is an independent charity which seeks to improve how the hills are managed. We do this by working with all our partners including local councils, government departments, community groups, nature conservation organisations and businesses committed to caring for the Belfast hills and their people.
BHP wishes to appoint the following post as part of our dynamic team.
WILDLIFE CONNECTIONS PROJECT OFFICER (Part Time)
To be responsible for developing and managing the Partnership’s Wildlife Connections Project and for liaising on practical issues with relevant staff in funding and partner organisations.
- To be responsible for the delivery of the Partnership’s Wildlife Connections Project including its nature conservation, community liaison, landscape enhancement, volunteering and visitor/recreation infrastructure and services.
- To prepare relevant additional funding applications by the Belfast Hills Partnership where required.
- To maintain good relationships between the Partnership and its community and other members and promote the work of the Partnership.
- To create, manage and execute wildlife site management plans, events and activities for the Partnership with the assistance of other BHP staff.
- To present information (oral and written) about the wildlife site work of the Partnership.
- To represent the Belfast Hills Partnership at community meetings and events as required.
- To be responsible for monitoring/recording of the expenditure of Partnership monies during the course of the Wildlife Connections project and for preparing reports to the Partnership Manager on progress and expenditure.
- To collate monitoring information on the Wildlife Connections projects activity and its effects as required.
- To prepare responses to relevant consultation and other documents on behalf of the Belfast Hills Partnership.
- To be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of health and safety policies and assessments for the Partnership and its Wildlife Connections project work.
- To work with other staff and volunteers to carry out any other duties required for the effective operation of the Partnership and its projects.
Application packs can be downloaded below. Alternatively tel: 028 90603466 or email email@example.com, quoting Job Title and Ref. No.
Closing Date Monday 23rd January 2017 1pm
Download full job information pack: